Friday, June 29, 2007

Search Engines-Getting Indexed

What is a website without it's pages indexed? A less traveled site, lost in the maze of the Internet, for one. For a webmaster, a major frustration. Many a webmaster may be mumbling under their breath. "Yeah right, what can I do about it".

Well if you don't have a lot of money, you may want to venture into SEO. You can take the time to learn it yourself (no money route), or you can enlist the help of someone that is a pro in the SEO field (lots of money in my pockets) .

Some people have the money, some have the golden touch and don't need to venture into the SEO realm. But if you were like me, money was an issue and the golden touch was recked with minimal internet experience.

Granted SEO is always a work in progress- it can be frustrating, and when you think you've got it, the search engines change their rules again. That's probably a good thing, it keeps everyone honest.

Do I regret taking the SEO challenge? No. Why? I have been told by an affiliate manager that if you can meet the SEO challenge you can be rewarded by rank and thus traffic-which brings sales. Sounds good to me. But here comes the bad part, it won't happen overnight, but it can bring you long-term benefits if you work at it, and avoid the black hat tactics. As I write this last statement, I hear a low groan, mumbling and a frustrated sigh. Gee, those ugly sounds may have come from me, as I recall my own SEO beginnings. Don't get disheartened, the benefits are long-term.

If I can keep on track, you may see several articles on SEO, which may help. This week's SEO article is called: "Search Engines --Please Crawl My Content"

Click the link to read the article "Search Engines-Please Crawl My Content" it will give you some hints of what to avoid when you are creating your pages, so that the search engines can find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment