Monday, August 11, 2008

I am so excited about having my own blog.  My goal for this blog is to document and share my creative journey, and all of the really cool things I find along the way.  I began reading blogs written by other textile artists  a couple of months ago.  This adventure has been a tremendous source of inspiration, encouragement, and discovery for me.  All the wonderful things I've read and seen have given me a great burst of energy and a "can do" perspective on reaching my creative goals.  I am completely amazed at the abundance of brilliant tutorials on blogs and other websites!  For example, this one on making a custom ironing board cover is sheer genius http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2008/01/super-easy-iron.html .  I sewed one up immediately.  It was indeed very easy, super fast, and quite beautiful!


I love taking classes and workshops, but I've been struggling to find just the right venue for some time.  I read about the City & Guilds courses in Quilting Arts Magazine, and I read Linda and Laura Kimball's book "The Painted Quilt" earlier this year, but hadn't seriously considered undertaking such a long term and costly commitment as their City & Guilds Patchwork and Quilting Certificate Course.  Checking out the student gallery images on their website http://www.lindakemshall.com/studentgallery.htm really clinched it for me.  I knew immediately this is exactly what I wanted to do.  I signed up for the course right away and have been spending just about every free moment since then working on the course.  It has been so much fun!  I've been dyeing fabrics, making mono-prints, transfer printing, designing, sketching, and so much more.  This truly is the very best decision I have ever made in my creative life.


So, welcome to my blog dear readers.  I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment