Monday, May 12, 2008

Your Business – Your Health

Your Business – Your Health

By Vickie J. Scanlon


So you have a business, and you’re working hard. Sometimes, when you are really focuses on your business, you neglect certain things, like-your health. So what do you need to think about.

Your Weight

I have found, to my dismay that my weight began to creep up once I started a home business. That was because I was spending a lot of time in front of the computer, trying to crank out a business-I wasn’t moving. And, I began to pursue some rather bad habits:

1. The refrigerator would call me-whenever I happen to be near. I guess, it was and is too accessible. (Boy is that an understatement.)
2. Not enough exercise

Those two things cause my weight to creep up. What can you do? Well, you can say, “Gee, my clothes must of shrink.” Or you can stand in front of the mirror and say, “I don’t look to bad.” Self-justification is a killer isn’t it? And trust me it doesn’t help.

So what do you need to do? Simple: Get up and start moving and be more conscious of when and how much you are eating.

Exercise and controlled eating will help you keep these risk health factors under control: cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes. With that being said, I guess it’s about time I go for my walk before I tackle my next four hours in front of my computer.

To conclude, since summer is almost upon us, it’s time to take a little time out for you on a daily basis. Absorb the sunshine and some light conversation and keep your health in check- it’s important for both you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment