Thursday, November 8, 2007

Manage Ads: A promising feature in AdSense

Google AdSense, few days back added a new feature in their AdSense program for all publishers.You may be knowing about this feature from a coming soon status message in your AdSense dashboard or from a sneak peek previous post from the AdSense Blog or from a Breaking news post from Problogger still here is a quick definition for it

This new ad management feature means that your ad unit settings (such as colors and channels) for new AdSense for content ad units will be saved in your AdSense account every time you generate ad code. Then, if you'd like to change any of these settings in the future, all you do is make the update within your account -- you'll no longer need to manually replace the ad code on all of your pages. For instance, you can quickly change the borders of all your 300x250 medium rectangles from red to blue with just a few mouse clicks.

As a blogger I think the key lies in experimenting with your Ad slots.For even changing the border of an Ad unit, I had to generate new ad code, parse it and then finally add the script to my XML template.This was a bit time consuming and a hectic process.This feature just makes the same results available with a few lesser mouse clicks.

I found this feature interesting and gave it one of my blog's slot.I always thought that perfectly blended ads performed much better than one having a distinct border and when I tried border for one day, the results amazed me(I only changed the colour pal latte). I saw a good spike in CTR and CPM.

Concluding it...
Likes
  • A short and simple process for changing the look of the Ad unit
  • Import feature which allowed me to import ads from other channels.
  • Preview Ad feature.
  • A bit short script :)
Dislikes
  • It permits to change the colours of the Ad unit but not it's size.
  • Once the script is uploaded, it takes around 10 minutes for the Ad slot to deliver Ads.
I will be giving more slots to this new feature soon and I recommend you to do the same and experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment