Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you really need to update blog everyday?

It has been well over a fortnight since I last posted on Webtalks [you can still be with me and my mates at the Ashtech Blog]. It would have been a prediction that this blog did experience a traffic slump, a decrease in feed count and obviously a decrease in earnings.I'll say a big NO to it.There was a slump but nominal one and has fully recovered now.



Instead of decreasing, the feed count is showing its highest yet(125)



As for earnings, Google AdSense team narrowed down the click able region of AdSense which had its effect but not that big. But now, accidental clicks are negligible and hence we prove we are promising :)

Now let me tell how did the poor posting frequency didn't effect my blog

Evergreen Posts As a part time blogger(or I must say occasional blogger) it is essential for me to write posts which are useful to for visitors even though they are reading it after a long time.
For eg, posting about new AdSense feature will not be as effective as a review with your personal touch of that feature.

Give your blog a break. Some of your posts are really good and deserve to stay on the homepage for long, so why to refuse them?

Google Juice. No new pages(post pages) gave Google a chance to index this blog deeply, which I believe it didn't do previously even though having a blast of back links

Be evil. (Just a personal opinion) No new updates I believe would have forced the regular passerby visitors either to subscribe to the RSS feeds, or to forget this blog.Losing such visitors isn't that costly because they hardly click on any of the ads and just contribute towards the page impressions, which hardly matters to a growing blog. If they would have subscribed to the RSS feed to receive the update automatically, I got few more readers.

You might be also interested in reading what to do when your internet server is down



No comments:

Post a Comment