Monday, October 22, 2007

Your Blog and Content Management

Your blog and content management. There are different methods of containing your content (I'm talking more about articles) when you have a website. You can have an articles page, and then break down the pages by specific categories. That seems to work okay, until it starts getting really big. Which I am finding.

But also there are other issues to consider:

1. Duplicate content
2. Considering the reason why people come to your website
3. managing your content efficiently and effectively

This is where the blog can come into play. A blog is a great content management vehicle and an extension to your website. It's accessible and more personable. And most importantly, if the server crashes you don't lose your articles. Yes, this has happened to me. Let me say I really was not happy having to put all my articles back online.

But as with anything, you have to figure out which is best for your content. Be it a blog or a CMS program.

No comments:

Post a Comment