Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meditation II - In the Forest is done!

Meditation-II.web 


I finally finished, at the last minute as usual.  I am very pleased with it.  I am happy, too, that I found such rich and personally meaningful subject matter from which to develop this series.  I am pleased with the process too.  I worked in my sketchbook first, then with my decorated papers, then with transparencies to work out the quilting desings, and finally on the design wall, and back through this loop again as needed.  Of course there were some stumbling blocks along the way, but I learned from every one.  The most important lesson is to plan better for deadlines.  There is no point in purposefully adding stressors to my life, or to turning my beloved creative life into something stressful.


The painted fusible in the center square was interesting, and the results were not at all what I had imaginged.  I love the effect and will definitely use it again.  Overlapping the leaves was a little tricky, but in my view, well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment