Thursday, April 24, 2008

!! I DID THESE !!




The K-Swiss Classic is an iconic sneaker that gained its popularity in California, Los Angeles in particular. If you were to pick a sneaker that has the same relevance to the West Coast, that Air Force 1's have to the East Coast, the Classic would be that sneaker. In fact the K-Swiss Classic has been around since 1966 and people still rock them out here. The original Classic design was inspired by the rings on ski boots. The sleek design went on to become the go to sneaker for everybody from Cali tennis pros to ballin' D-boys.

Earlier this year my partner Jerry and I did some marketing for the brand and arranged a collaboration sneaker with them for the store GreyOne. I designed the sneaker and it should be coming out sometime near June/July....Used influences from sneakers that were produced by high-end brands like Prada, Louis, Gucci, Bally... We already have received some cool blog mentions and we will probably do a party when it drops.

Anybody that knows me, knows I really want to design shoes so this was a dope way to get out some ideas until I can learn formally.

No comments:

Post a Comment